Some of what I’m about to tell you might seems like total “no brainers”. However, if you’re missing some of these you might still be dreading those workouts you know you need to do.
- Have an awesome workout playlist. Music isn’t just good for the soul. It’s good for the body, soul and mind. Music is vital for me to have a good workout. I have multiple playlists on my phone. One playlist to get me pumped up, another for weights, and a separate one for cardio. I turn up the music extremely loud in my headphones and completely zone out the world around me. I could probably go on for hours about how much I love to sing along with my headphones and do a little dance on the treadmill to Ed Sheeran’s “sing”, but you can just use your imagination. Get yourself some good music. I will post some of my favorite songs to workout to….coming soon.
- Pre-wokout stimulant. Don’t become overwhelmed with the advertising of workout and health supplements. Yes, you can have successful gains in fitness without ANY supplements. However, due to the nature of my workouts (i.e. waking up WAY early in the morning) I find it most helpful to have a little dose of caffeine to get me going. Caffeine can also help my mental focus.
- Functional and cute workout clothes. Might sound silly to some, but it’s NOT!!! I sweat so profusely when working out that I must wear the breathable material. Liking what you’re wearing, feeling comfortable, and cute is only going to make the workout that much more enjoyable, even if you’re working out at home where no one can see you.
- Good pair of running shoes. Not going to stress this enough. I’ve injured myself by pounding it out on the treadmill wearing old worn out tennis shoes so don’t make the same mistakes as me. Invest in good workout shoes!
- Make it your own! It’s YOUR time. YOUR workout at improvement for YOU! Don’t even think about what pleases others, such as your spouse or trainer or the random people at the gym. For example, if you’re co-worker told you that you need to be doing an hour of only walking on the treadmill but you absolutely HATE it, then don’t do it. If you really don’t mind the eliptical, then opt for that instead. Yes, it’s work, that’s why it’s called working out. But you don’t have to hate it. You can learn to love it and you’re much more likely to stick to something and be successful at it if you’re doing something you enjoy. If a spinning class seems more your style then do that. Work out time is meant for YOU! No one else, so don’t give up on trying to find an activity that best suits you.
So, get up and attack that workout! Stay crazy, healthy and happy! 🙂